Protected Plant / Animal Species
JCA, Inc. has over 100 years experience with protected species surveys in NC, SC, GA, FL, AL, MS, LA, and TX. These surveys are conducted pursuant to Sections 7 and/or 9 of the Endangered Species Act, as amended, and appropriate state laws. Protected species surveys are required for NEPA and SEPA environmental documentation and may be required for various state and federal permits.
- Protected plant and RCW survey for 14 mile highway bypass, Brunswick and New Hanover Counties, North Carolina.
- Bald eagle survey and Habitat Conservation Plan for properties at Lake James (11,000 acres), Burke and McDowell Counties, North Carolina.
- Gopher tortoise survey and relocation, RCW survey and mitigation and protected species survey for land exchange (2,124 acres), Muscogee County, Georgia.
- Gopher tortoise survey on 19,361 acres of corporation-owned land in Mississippi and Alabama.
- Red-cockaded woodpecker ground and aerial surveys (approximately 50,000 acres), Evangeline and Rapides Parishes, Louisiana.
- Red-cockaded woodpecker survey for 19 miles and protected plant survey for 10 miles between U.S. Highway 401 and Interstate 95, Cumberland, Hoke and Robeson Counties, North Carolina.
- Red-cockaded woodpecker survey by helicopter (9,393 acres), foraging habitat analyses (5 clusters) and Biological Assessment at Lewis Ocean Bay Heritage Preserve, Horry County, South Carolina.
- Protected species survey and Biological Assessment for The Grande Dunes project (2200-acres), Myrtle Beach, Horry County, South Carolina.
- Threatened and endangered species survey and Biological report for addition of 7,500 linear feet to Engelhard Sanitary District sewer project, Lake Mattamuskeet, Hyde County, North Carolina.